Pages

Thursday 5 January 2017

Cauliflower stir fry



Gobi stir fry is a very simple and super easy recipe. Since I had a busy week and I am yet to get grip in using my new camera I decided to safe play with few simple posts!  As I mentioned earlier my hubby is not a big fan of cauliflower :( so whenever he skips lunch at home I make this sabji to relish my taste buds. Though this is a simple recipe it goes very well with any rasam, sambhar or even curd rice and roti! I personally love to pair it with paruppu podi and garlic rasam :). Its very healthy and filling. Do try out if you have not made gobi this way!! 

Cauliflower stir fry

Cuisine: Indian
Category: Main Course
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Servings: 3-4

Ingredients

Cauliflower
1 medium sized
Salt
1 Tsp flat
Turmeric
1/4 Tsp
Chilli powder
1 Tsp flat
Besan/ Gram flour
1 Tsp
To Temper
Oil
2 Tbsp
Mustard
1 Tsp
Urad dal
1 Tsp
Curry leaves
1 spring
Asafoetida
A generous pinch

Preparation

     1.     Cut the cauliflower and separate the florets. To get an idea about how to chop cauliflower refer here.

Method
      
    1.     In pan add 1 cup water and bring it to boil. Add the cauliflower florets along with salt and turmeric and boil for 5 minutes. Drain the cooked florets.



    2.     In pan add 1 tbsp oil and temper with ingredients mentioned. Add cauliflower along with chilli powder and saute in medium flame for 10 mins. Finally add another tbsp oil along with besan and stir well.



     3.     Serve hot with rice/roti.      

Notes
      ·         Adjust salt and spice level according to your taste.
      ·         You can skip besan if its not available but adding it gives nice taste.



Simple and yummy :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment