Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Instant Noodles with Restaurant touch




Instant noodles are not only yummy tastewise but can be made in a jiffy. After marriage I learnt that my hubby doesn't like the usual way of instant noodle preparation . I learnt this method from my MIL and failed miserably first few times ending up making noodles like pongalπŸ˜‚. Later got the grip. Though many will frown initially to see this bit lengthy method the advantage is that it stays non sticky even after noodles get cold πŸ˜‹.Adding more vegetables make the dish healthy and look colorful too😍.
PS : I am a big fan of Rajalakshmi Vijayanand, the author of Raks Kitchen. I consider her as one of my mentor. She is such a nice person who is so simple and down to earth and helped me lot when I told I am about to start food blogging πŸ˜„. Read in one of her blog that she loves noodles. Dunno if you are already aware of this method mam ! This post is my small tribute for you and I hope you like it !.

Noodles

Cuisine: Chinese
Category: Breakfast
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Servings: 2-3

Ingredients

Instant noodles
1 family pocket
Water
Cup
Salt
3/4 teaspoon flat
Mixed vegetables
1/2 cup
Oil
4 teaspoon

Preparation

    1.     Chop all the vegetables finely. I used red capsicum, carrot, onion and green peas. Break the noodles into half.



Method
      
    1.      Boil 1 cup water in a wide bottomed vessel by adding 1 spoon oil and 1/4 spoon salt.


     2.      Once water boil well switch off flame and immerse the noodles one by one. Just ensure all gets soaked in hot water. Drain excess water keep the vessel closed for a minute.


      3.      Rinse the cooked noodles in cold water.


      4.      Add remaining oil in a pan and add the vegetables along with salt.Once the vegetables get cooked, add the tastemaker and stir well


    5.      Add the noodles slowly and mix everything very well.



Notes
      ·         Noodles require very less water to get cooked. Do not excess water or boil after  adding noodles.The noodles will become mushy.
     ·        Carrot and green capsicum taste best with noodles. Can add any veggies of your choice but be careful if you add tomato as it may give out water.


5 comments:

  1. Is it a coincidence or what I dunno wanted to eat fry noodles and the recipe is ready.. Sema

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another coincidence is I posted for one raji (raks mam) and another raji liked it :P :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice children like this dish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much 😍 So sweet of you Sita. I don't knowif I am worth it, but always happy to share what I know 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve much more :) Glad to see your post :)

      Delete