Pages

Sunday 30 October 2016

Rasapodi- Rasam powder



Rasam powder is such a simple powder to make at home. Usually I roast and grind fresh powder whenever I make rasam and will forget to grind this powder. However this powder comes really handy on days when we feel lazy or tired. Many of my north Indian friends are fan of rasam so they asked to post this recipe. So I finally made the powder . There can be many variations in preparing this powder I am sharing my version.

Rasam Powder

Cuisine: Indian
Category: Main Course
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Servings: 1 cup

Ingredients

Thur dal
Corriander seeds
3 tablespoon
Dry red chilies
20
Pepper
1 tablespoon
Jeera
1 tablespoon
Curry leaves
4-5 springs

Preparation

    1.     Dry roast the curry leaves in medium flame for few minutes. This is done to remove the moisture in the leaves. Once they shrink switch off the flame.  



Method
      
    1.     Assemble all the ingredients.


    2.     Grind the mixture to a coarse powder. You can grind it to a smooth powder if you prefer that way.                                       
Notes
     ·           Store in air tight container and always use dry spoon.
    ·     You can increase or decrease number of chilies according to your spice level. This proportion works best for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment