Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Aglio Olio



Italian cuisine is something which my hubby introduced to me. However till we were in India I have tasted pasta very few occasions that too in some high end restaurants. I was not a big fan of maggi instant pastas too. Again in Singapore it was my hubby who used to make pastas in home initially and after sometime I learnt from him. We usually make red sauce or white sauce pasta and I was bit skeptic about Aglio Olio as I felt it might taste blunt. But when I tasted it in Pastamania I know I was totally wrong!! Nowadays this is undoubtedly my most favorite pasta (scores taste wise as well as the ease in which it can be made). Hence I decided to post this as my first recipe in Italian cuisines. Hope you guys like it :)    


Aglio Olio

Cuisine: Italian
Category: Breakfast/dinner
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Servings: 4-5

Ingredients

Spaghetti
1 pack
Garlic
12 small flakes
Salt
Olive Oil
4 tablespoon
Italian Seasoning
2 teaspoon
Chili Flakes
2 teaspoon

Preparation

    1.     Chop the garlic flakes very finely and assemble all the ingredients.



Method
      
    1.     Boil 3 cup water and add salt to it. Add the spaghetti. At first it may not fit into the vessel but eventually will become soft and get immersed. Once it becomes soft drain the excess water and wash with cold water.


    2.     In pan add olive oil and once it becomes hot enough add the chopped garlic. Add the pasta along with chili flakes and seasoning. Stir in medium flame for few minutes and serve hot!!  


Notes
      ·         Olive oil, garlic both are important to get nice flavor and taste.
     ·          Always stir in medium flame in order to avoid garlic getting over burnt and spaghetti getting sticked to the pan.
      ·         Adjust spice level according to your taste.



Taste bhi, health bhi, khushiyan bhi!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment